Buckley weighed in at 177 lbs this week, what will he weigh on Monday Night?

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The challenge...

On Tuesday, July 24th, 1984 seven lbs eight ounces of bubbly flesh squeezed its way into a chilly Hartford hospital room. All considered, Francis Mark Buckley led a typical American childhood. He's a product of the American public school system, competed in little league sports, and yes, even once received an award for "Excellence in Citizenship" which distinguished him from his Marlborough, CT elementary school peers.

25 years, and 181.5 lbs later Buckley (most commonly known by his surname) has become what I would consider a pretty close friend. Moreover we've been roommates together with two other Bros for nearly a year now.  Despite having different thresholds for cleanliness the four of us get along pretty well and even manage to have a pretty good time.  Some of our common interests include but are not limited to throwing back beers, grilling out on our small but totally useful deck, indoor Corn Hole, party bus tailgates, poker tournaments or otherwise shameless gambling; which is what led us to the current challenge facing this character:

Bet: That Mark will not lose 20 lbs in 2 months time. The first weigh in was on January 11th and the final weigh in will be on March 11th at 11:59 pm.

Starting weight:
188 lbs

Target weight: 168 lbs

Wager: Here's full disclosure, Buckley and I have a bet of $20 on whether or not he has the determination to see this thing through. If anyone is interested in getting in on this action I might consider taking bets on the Over/Under (20 lbs of less Buckley that is).

Variables to consider: 1. Buckley's self control. 2. His new job at Colony Grille gives him the option to cash in on two free pizzas and three free drinks after every shift. 3. His exercise habits are mostly limited to waiting tables, scratching off lottery tickets, and walking upstairs (only when necessary).

The following story in this blog may be heroic, tragic, comical, or potentially even historic so I'll be giving updates along the way.   If you're willing I encourage you to post comments of your own so you can show your support to this mensch we all enjoy more than Chris Farley reruns. Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

  1. This has unlimited potential....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite an endeavor to embark upon but I am up to the challenge. If I don’t nip my weight issue in the butt within the first two months of working at Colony, I’m pretty much resigning myself to have to pay for sex for the rest of my life. Let’s be honest, I was a customer long before being an employee, I love the pizza. Now I’m a junkie working in a crack den, and the only way to lay off the smack is this extra motivation. Otherwise I’d be consuming Colony’s scrumptious thin crust pies on a daily basis(time for a shameless plug, for those of you without a weight problem or if you are already regularly paying for sex, come visit me Tuesday-Friday days and every other weekend, you will not be disappointed, it really is amazing pizza). The X-factor in this whole deal is the rival crack den aka Subway up the street from Colony whose synthetic shit, aka turkey subs on wheat bread, hopefully will ween me off my desire for pizza. I will update my progress regularly so stay tuned for the hilarity that is sure to ensue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it statch! I've got faith in you buddy! If you need any helpful tips let me know

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got action! I second GKs let's get some phots

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it Buckley. Think how many touchdowns you can score on those Asian kids if you lose 20 lbs...

    ReplyDelete