Buckley weighed in at 177 lbs this week, what will he weigh on Monday Night?

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Fun Run

This weekend was fairly warm so despite some reluctance to have me join him, Buckley let me join him on a run.  The run was to cover between 1.25 and 1.75 miles (depending on how he was feeling) that starts with about .2 miles of gently declining slope and ends accordingly with about .2 miles of the same gentle slope up hill.  I took some pictures along the way to properly document this work out.  Here's what I got along with captions which attempt to capture Buckley's sentiments:

Mile mark: 0.1

 Heart rate slightly elevated.  Perspiration has begun.
Buckley's thoughts: "Feeling like a champion!  I'm gonna raise my arms up in the air so I can work on my deltoids at the same time I crush this cardio.  This run is gonna be cake....mmmm, cake."

Mile mark: 0.25

 
 Heart rate at aerobic level but stable.  Sweat begins to bead on forehead and underarms.  Downhill portion of run is over.
Buckley's thoughts: "Now its time to blast my biceps by curling these 10 Jimmy Dean's too.  Maybe I should bring weights along next time to push myself to the max!"


 Mile mark: 0.75

 Heart rate continues to rise approaching unsafe levels, blood pressure increases accordingly.  Sweat soaked socks have contributed to a growing blister on the right foot, pouring into eyes and causing some minor chaffing.
 Buckley's thoughts:"Not sure there needs to be a next time.  I liked it better when we were going down hill, gravity can't help me now"

Mile mark:1.25


Heart rate has skyrocketed to unsafe levels.  Sweating is causing major chaffing especially around the nipples and groin.  Blister on right foot has popped and is bleeding.  If not treated soon, it will lead to infection.  Hair has fallen out and skin has become jaundice from insufficient circulation of oxygen.
Buckley's thoughts: "I would welcome death if it means I could stop running."


Mile mark: 1.6 the "hill"

Heart may have literally combusted.  At least that would explain the smoke coming out of his puffed up cheeks.  Jaundice has abated while all color has drained from skin.  New blister on left foot has developed and also popped.  Nipples are bleeding through undershirt and groin has lost all feeling.  Pupils are fully dilated and in all likelihood severe hallucinations are occuring.
Buckley's thoughts: Not applicable

Mile Mark 1.75: the cool down

Color returns and hallucinations stop.  Heart rate begins to slow.  Feeling returns to groin.
Buckley's thoughts: "Even walking is hard now."

Feel the burn

Don't forget the importance of stretching.
Buckley's thoughts: "I'm going back to bed."...and he did, for 2 hours.
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment